|Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) are not new, but their use cases are expanding exponentially across the healthcare industry. To learn more about the changing API landscape, Change Healthcare commissioned national research to better understand how various constituents across healthcare––providers, payers, and healthcare technology companies––are using, benefiting from, and challenged by this transformative technology.
View the report here.
Some of the key findings include:
- Nine in 10 executives say APIs are quite important or mission-critical to their business.
- Spending on APIs will increase this year.
- Barriers to API adoption remain and include concerns about security, technical infrastructure, and a lack of knowledge about how to use APIs.
- Despite the barriers, all sectors agree that APIs boost productivity by reducing manual work and enabling capabilities that are otherwise impossible.
- Payers, providers, and vendors also agree that APIs improve solution quality and make accessing patient data “easy.”
Look at the research. Do you agree or disagree with the findings? What do you think will drive API usage and maturity? Enjoy the read—we look forward to your insights! Post your thoughts on our API Community.